Display Information (continued)
11 (1) A system vendor shall allow a subscriber, from time to time and at no additional cost, to select one of the displays conforming with these Regulations to be the default display, and shall not override that selection.
(2) A default display shall be at least as useful to subscribers, in terms of the basic functions or service enhancements offered and the ease with which those functions or service enhancements can be performed or implemented, as any other display offered by the system vendor.
(3) For greater certainty, in response to a stated consumer preference, another display may be requested for each transaction without the default display appearing.
(4) [Repealed, SOR/2004-91, s. 6]
- SOR/2004-91, s. 6
- SOR/2009-167, s. 2(F)
12 Where a system vendor provides information limited to fares, the fares shall be displayed in a neutral and non-discriminatory manner and shall include at least the fares provided to the system vendor by the carrier or charterer for each class of service offered by that carrier or charterer for flights included in the displays.
(2) Where a system vendor knows that a carrier has provided inaccurate or misleading information about its air services or about the identity of the carriers operating its air services, the system vendor shall inform the carriers and the subscribers.
(2) Every participating carrier shall ensure that flights involving stops en route, changes of aircraft, carrier or airport or segments carried out by other modes of transportation are clearly identified to the system vendor.
(3) Where flights are operated by a carrier other than the carrier identified by the carrier designator code, the carrier whose designator code is being used shall ensure that the carrier operating the flight is, except in the case of short-term ad hoc arrangements, clearly indicated to the system vendor.
(4) A charterer who provides information respecting charter air services to a system vendor shall provide the information in accordance with subsections (1) to (3).
(5) A participating carrier or a charterer may provide information referred to in subsections (1) to (3) directly or through an intermediary acceptable to the participating carrier and system vendor.
- SOR/2004-91, s. 7
Constructing Connecting Flights
(2) to (4) [Repealed, SOR/2004-91, s. 8]
(5) A system vendor shall provide to all subscribers and participating carriers, on request, current information about
- SOR/2004-91, s. 8
16 [Repealed, SOR/2004-91, s. 9]
Additional Obligations of System Vendors
17 (1) A system vendor shall allow any carrier the opportunity to participate in its distribution facilities and service enhancements, subject to any technical constraints that are outside the control of the system vendor.
(2) A system vendor shall not require, as a condition for participation in its system, the purchase or sale of any other goods or services.
- SOR/2004-91, s. 10
- SOR/2009-167, s. 3(F)
(2) Where a system vendor provides special loading capability to any participating carrier, it shall offer the same capability to all other participating carriers as soon as this is technically feasible.
(3) A system vendor shall provide on request by any participating carrier all current database update procedures and data formats related to schedule and fare processing.
19 A system vendor is not required to display information provided by a carrier that will not enter into a contract with the system vendor in accordance with these Regulations.
- SOR/2004-91, s. 11
20 [Repealed, SOR/2004-91, s. 11]
21 (1) The billing for the services of a system shall be in a form and of sufficient detail to allow a participating carrier to verify promptly and exactly which services have been used and the fees for those services.
(2) The billing referred to in subsection (1) shall be provided by an electronic medium that is compatible with the electronic medium used by the participating carrier and shall include the following information for each billable segment:
(a) the type of CRS booking;
(b) the (booking) status code;
(c) the booking/cancellation indicator;
(d) the PNR record locator number;
(e) the passenger name;
(f) the country of origin;
(g) the IATA/ARC/BSP agency identification code, or other information identifying the agency;
(h) the pseudo-city code;
(i) the CRS transaction date (booking date);
(j) the city-pair or segment;
(k) the flight date;
(l) the flight number; and
(m) the class of service.
- SOR/2004-91, s. 12
22 (1) A system vendor shall ensure that its distribution facilities are separated by software, either physically or logically, in a clear and verifiable manner from any hosting services that are provided to a carrier.
(2) A system vendor shall ensure equality of treatment of hosted and non-hosted carriers in respect of procedures, protocols, inputs and outputs.
(3) A system vendor shall offer to participating carriers interfaces that are compatible with the relevant, generally accepted industry standards.
23 [Repealed, SOR/2004-91, s. 13]
24 A system vendor shall display the complete unedited text of these Regulations in the reference information maintained in its system.
25 Where a system vendor adds any improvement to distribution facilities, service enhancements or the equipment used to provide distribution facilities or service enhancements, it shall offer, and provide information about, that improvement to all participating carriers, subject to any technical constraints that are outside the control of the system vendor.
- SOR/2004-91, s. 14
- SOR/2009-167, s. 4(F)
26 A system vendor shall not make available to subscribers the internal reservations system display of a participating carrier unless
(a) all participating carriers are offered the capability to make their internal reservations system displays available to subscribers; and
(b) a subscriber may see the internal reservations system display only by requesting it for a specific transaction.
- SOR/2004-91, s. 15
27. and 28 [Repealed, SOR/2004-91, s. 16]
Obligations of Subscribers
29 A subscriber shall provide to a consumer all the information provided by participating carriers and charterers pursuant to section 14 respecting each service in which the consumer expresses an interest
- Date modified: