Federal Courts Rules (SOR/98-106)
- HTMLFull Document: Federal Courts Rules (Accessibility Buttons available) |
- XMLFull Document: Federal Courts Rules [1291 KB] |
- PDFFull Document: Federal Courts Rules [1991 KB]
Regulations are current to 2023-03-06 and last amended on 2022-01-13. Previous Versions
PART 13Admiralty Actions (continued)
Actions for Collision (continued)
Marginal note:Security not required
499 Notwithstanding rule 416, a seaman suing for wages or for the loss of clothing and effects in a collision shall not be ordered to give security for costs.
Marginal note:Examination for discovery of plaintiff
500 Notwithstanding subsection 236(2), in an action in respect of a collision between ships, a defendant may examine the plaintiff for discovery only after filing a statement of defence and preliminary act.
PART 14Transitional, Repeal and Coming into Force
Marginal note:Ongoing proceedings
501 (1) Subject to subsection (2), these Rules apply to all proceedings, including further steps taken in proceedings that were commenced before the coming into force of these Rules.
Marginal note:Order for exceptions
(2) The Chief Justice of the Federal Court of Appeal or the Federal Court, as the case may be, may, by order, direct that rule 380 shall not apply to certain proceedings or classes of proceedings before their court that are pending on the coming into force of these Rules until a date or dates set out in the order.
- SOR/2004-283, s. 24
Marginal note:Officers of the Court continued
502 (1) Every officer of the Court appointed under the Federal Court Rules prior to the coming into force of these Rules shall continue to act as if appointed under these Rules, until the appointment is revoked or another person is appointed in that officer’s place.
Marginal note:Taxing officers continued as assessment officers
(2) For the purposes of subsection (1), a reference in these Rules to an assessment officer shall be construed as a reference to a taxing officer appointed under the Federal Court Rules prior to the coming into force of these Rules.
503 [Repealed, SOR/2004-283, s. 25]
Coming Into Force
Marginal note:Coming into force
504 These Rules come into force on April 25, 1998.
- Date modified: