PART ICANADIAN GRAIN COMMISSION
Constitution of the Commission and Commissioners
Marginal note:Commission established
3. There is hereby established a Commission to be known as the Canadian Grain Commission consisting of three commissioners to be appointed by the Governor in Council to hold office, during good behaviour, for a renewable term of up to seven years.
- R.S., 1985, c. G-10, s. 3;
- R.S., 1985, c. 37 (4th Supp.), s. 2.
Marginal note:Chief commissioner and assistant chief commissioner
4. (1) The Governor in Council shall designate one of the commissioners to be chief commissioner and another commissioner to be assistant chief commissioner.
Marginal note:Commissioner chief executive officer
(2) The chief commissioner is the chief executive officer of the Commission and, subject to section 12, has supervision over and direction of the work and staff of the Commission.
Marginal note:Powers of assistant chief commissioner
(3) The assistant chief commissioner may exercise all the powers and perform all the functions of the chief commissioner in the event of the absence or incapacity of the chief commissioner or if the office of the chief commissioner is vacant.
- R.S., 1985, c. G-10, s. 4;
- 1994, c. 45, s. 2.
Marginal note:Salaries and expenses
5. (1) Each commissioner shall be paid a salary to be fixed by the Governor in Council and is entitled to be paid reasonable travel and other expenses incurred by him while absent from his ordinary place of residence in the course of his duties under this Act.
Marginal note:Superannuation and compensation
(2) The commissioners are deemed to be persons employed in the public service for the purposes of the Public Service Superannuation Act and to be employed in the federal public administration for the purposes of the Government Employees Compensation Act and any regulations made under section 9 of the Aeronautics Act.
- R.S., 1985, c. G-10, s. 5;
- 2003, c. 22, s. 106(E).
Marginal note:Oath of office
6. (1) A commissioner shall, before entering on his duties as such, take and subscribe, before a superior court judge, an oath of office in prescribed form.
Marginal note:Duties to be full-time duties
(2) A commissioner shall devote the whole of his time to the performance of his duties under this Act.
(3) and (4) [Repealed, 1994, c. 45, s. 3]
- R.S., 1985, c. G-10, s. 6;
- 1994, c. 45, s. 3.
- Date modified: