Marginal note:Outside interest
7. A person is not eligible to be appointed or, subject to section 8, to continue as a commissioner if, directly or indirectly, as owner, shareholder, director, officer, partner or otherwise, that person is engaged in commercial dealings in grain or the carriage of grain or has any pecuniary or other interest in grain or the carriage of grain, other than as a producer of grain.
- R.S., 1985, c. G-10, s. 7;
- 2004, c. 25, s. 106.
Marginal note:Disposing of property
8. Any commissioner in whom any property giving rise to an interest prohibited under section 7 vests by will or succession for the commissioner’s own benefit shall, within six months after the vesting, dispose of that property.
- R.S., 1985, c. G-10, s. 8;
- 2004, c. 25, s. 106.
9. [Repealed, 2010, c. 12, s. 1662]
10. Any officers and employees that are necessary for the proper conduct of the business of the Commission, including managers and employees employed at elevators constructed or acquired by Her Majesty in right of Canada and administered by the Commission under this Act, shall be appointed in the manner authorized by law.
- R.S., 1985, c. G-10, s. 10;
- 2010, c. 12, s. 1662.
Head Office, Meetings and Hearings
Marginal note:Head office
11. The head office of the Commission shall be at the City of Winnipeg, in the Province of Manitoba, but the Commission may hold meetings and hearings at such other places as the Commission considers necessary or desirable for the proper conduct of the business of the Commission.
- 1970-71-72, c. 7, s. 9.
12. The Commission may make by-laws
(a) respecting the calling of meetings of the Commission, the regulation of its proceedings and generally for the conduct of its activities;
(b) distributing among the commissioners duties to be performed by them;
(c) specifying the duties of officers, managers and employees appointed as described in section 10;
(d) designating as an inspector for the purposes of this Act any person who, in the opinion of the Commission, is qualified to be so designated;
(e) respecting the establishment of committees of the Commission composed of commissioners or other persons or both, the delegation of duties to those committees and the fixing of quorums for meetings thereof;
(f) designating a seal to be used by the Commission to authenticate any documents issued by it; and
(g) fixing the allowance to be paid to members of grain standards committees and grain appeal tribunals.
- R.S., 1985, c. G-10, s. 12;
- 1994, c. 45, s. 4;
- 2010, c. 12, s. 1663.
- Date modified: