85. (1) The chairperson of a conciliation board shall
(a) after consultation with the other members of the board, fix the time and place of sittings of the conciliation board;
(b) notify the parties to the dispute of the time and place so fixed; and
(c) at the conclusion of the sittings of the conciliation board, send to the Minister a detailed certified statement as to those sittings and as to the members of the conciliation board and witnesses present at each sitting.
(2) The chairperson and one other member of a conciliation board constitute a quorum but, in the absence of any member, the other members shall not proceed unless the absent member has been given reasonable notice of the sitting.
Marginal note:Substitute member
(3) Where a person ceases to be a member of a conciliation board before the board has completed its work, another member shall be nominated and appointed in their place in accordance with section 82.
- R.S., 1985, c. L-2, s. 85;
- 1998, c. 26, s. 59(E);
- 1999, c. 31, s. 162(E).
Marginal note:Proceedings prohibited
86. No order shall be made, process entered or proceeding taken in any court
(a) to question the appointment of, or refusal to appoint, a conciliation officer or conciliation commissioner, or the establishment of, or the refusal to establish, a conciliation board; or
(b) to review, prohibit or restrain any proceeding of a conciliation officer, conciliation commissioner or conciliation board.
- R.S., 1985, c. L-2, s. 86;
- 1998, c. 26, s. 36.
Marginal note:Report and testimony not evidence
87. No report of a conciliation commissioner or conciliation board, and no testimony or record of proceedings before a conciliation commissioner or conciliation board, are admissible in evidence in any court in Canada, except in the case of a prosecution for perjury.
- 1972, c. 18, s. 1.
Obligations Relating to Strikes and Lockouts
87.1 The following definitions apply in this Division.
« employeur »
“employer” includes an employers’ organization.
« syndicat »
“trade union” includes a council of trade unions.
- 1998, c. 26, s. 37.
- Date modified: