92 [Repealed, 2013, c. 40, s. 405]
93 [Repealed, 2013, c. 40, s. 405]
94 [Repealed, 2013, c. 40, s. 405]
95 [Repealed, 2013, c. 40, s. 405]
96 [Repealed, 2013, c. 40, s. 405]
Marginal note:Mediation services
Marginal note:Member as mediator
(2) The provision of mediation services by a member at any stage of hearing a complaint does not prevent that member from continuing to hear the complaint with respect to any issues that have not been resolved, unless the Commission or any person entitled to be heard objects to that member continuing.
- 2003, c. 22, s. 12 "97";
- 2013, c. 40, s. 414.
98 [Repealed, 2013, c. 40, s. 407]
99 [Repealed, 2013, c. 40, s. 407]
100 [Repealed, 2013, c. 40, s. 407]
101 [Repealed, 2013, c. 40, s. 407]
102 [Repealed, 2013, c. 40, s. 407]
Marginal note:Filing of order in Federal Court
103 (1) The Board must, on the request in writing of the Commission or any person to whom an order of the Board applies, file a certified copy of the order in the Federal Court unless, in the Board’s opinion
(2) Section 35 of the Federal Public Sector Labour Relations and Employment Board Act does not apply to an order of the Board referred to in subsection (1).
Marginal note:Effect of filing
(3) An order of the Board becomes an order of the Federal Court when a certified copy of it is filed in that court, and it may subsequently be enforced as such.
- 2003, c. 22, s. 12 “103”;
- 2013, c. 40, s. 407;
- 2017, c. 9, s. 56.
Marginal note:Copy of decision provided
103.1 The Board shall render a decision on a complaint made under subsection 65(1) or section 74, 77 or 83 and provide a copy of it — including any written reasons — and any accompanying order to the Commission and to each person who exercised the right to be heard on the complaint.
- 2013, c. 40, s. 407.
Marginal note:Certain persons not compellable as witnesses
104 Persons providing mediation services under this Part are not competent or compellable to appear as witnesses in any civil action, suit or other proceeding respecting information obtained in the discharge of their functions under this Part.
- 2003, c. 22, s. 12 "104";
- 2013, c. 40, s. 407.
Marginal note:Notes and drafts not to be disclosed
105 None of the following may be disclosed without the consent of the person who made them:
(a) [Repealed, 2013, c. 40, s. 408]
(b) notes of any person providing mediation services under this Part.
- 2003, c. 22, s. 12 "105";
- 2013, c. 40, s. 408.
106 [Repealed, 2013, c. 40, s. 409]
107 [Repealed, 2013, c. 40, s. 409]
108 [Repealed, 2013, c. 40, s. 409]
Marginal note:Regulations of Board
109 The Board may make regulations respecting
(a) the manner in which and the time within which a complaint may be made under subsection 65(1) or section 74, 77 or 83;
(b) and (c) [Repealed, 2013, c. 40, s. 411]
(d) the manner of giving notice of an issue to the Canadian Human Rights Commission under subsection 65(5) or section 78; and
(e) the disclosure of information obtained in the course of an appointment process or a complaint proceeding under this Act.
- 2003, c. 22, s. 12 "109";
- 2013, c. 40, ss. 411, 414.
110 [Repealed, 2013, c. 40, s. 412]
PART 7Political Activities
election means a federal, provincial, territorial or municipal election. (élection)
federal election means an election to the House of Commons. (élection fédérale)
municipal election means an election as the mayor or a member of the council of a municipality. (élection municipale)
(a) an incorporated or unincorporated regional municipality, city, town, village, rural municipality, township, county, district or other municipality, however designated; or
(b) any other local or regional authority that is determined by the Governor in Council to be a municipality for the purposes of this Part. (municipalité)
political activity means
(a) carrying on any activity in support of, within or in opposition to a political party;
(b) carrying on any activity in support of or in opposition to a candidate before or during an election period; or
(c) seeking nomination as or being a candidate in an election before or during the election period. (activité politique)
provincial election means an election to the legislature of a province. (élection provinciale)
territorial election means an election to the Legislative Assembly of Yukon, the Northwest Territories or Nunavut. (élection territoriale)
Meaning of deputy head
(2) For the purposes of this Part, deputy head includes a Commissioner appointed under subsection 4(5).
- 2003, c. 22, ss. 12 “111”, 272;
- 2013, c. 40, s. 413;
- 2014, c. 2, s. 55, c. 20, s. 474.
- Date modified: