Marginal note:Officers, clerks and employees
5. The Board may, from time to time, subject to the provisions of the Civil Service Act, attach to its service such officers, instructors, clerks, stenographers and other employees as the execution of the purposes of this Act may require, and at such salaries as the Governor in Council may approve.
Marginal note:Tenure of office
2. All such appointees shall hold office during the pleasure of the Board and shall perform such duties and functions as the Board shall prescribe.
Marginal note:Certain officers deemed to be permanent employees R.S., c. 22
(3) Any officer, instructor, clerk, stenographer or other employee attached on the first day of July, 1935, to the service of the Director of Soldier Settlement whose position is in a report in writing of the Director of Soldier Settlement certified to be of indeterminate duration and who upon the recommendation of the Treasury Board is designated by the Governor in Council shall, notwithstanding anything contained in the Civil Service Act, be deemed to be a permanent employee and shall upon such designation become subject in all respects to the Civil Service Act.
- R.S., 1927, c. 188, s. 5;
- 1935, c. 66, s. 1.
Reservation and Acquirement of Lands and Other Property
Marginal note:Minister may reserve and transfer lands to Board
6. The Minister may, at the request of the Board, for the execution of any of the purposes of this Act, reserve, or, with the approval of the Governor in Council, transfer, to the Board, any Dominion lands which are under the Minister’s administration.
Marginal note:Lapse of reservation
2. Any reservation of lands made pursuant to this section shall lapse and become determined whenever the Minister shall, before transfer made to the Board, so direct.
- 1919, c. 71, s. 6.
Marginal note:Board may acquire lands and other property by agreement
7. The Board may, for the execution of any of the purposes of this Act,
(a) purchase by agreement, at prices which to it shall seem reasonable; or
(b) in any other manner acquire by consent or agreement, from all persons, firms and corporations;
such agricultural land, situate in any part of Canada, and such live stock, farm equipment and building materials as it may deem necessary.
- 1919, c. 71, s. 7.
Marginal note:Compulsory purchase
8. The Board may, for the execution of any of the purposes of this Act, acquire by way of compulsory purchase, in the manner provided by Part III of this Act, from all persons, firms, and corporations, such agricultural land as it may deem necessary.
- 1919, c. 71, s. 8.
- Date modified: