47.8 (1) Certified seed potatoes shall be
(a) produced from Foundation or a higher class of seed potatoes; and
(b) inspected by an inspector at least two times during the growing season.
(2) Certified seed potatoes shall be given the status of field generation 7 if the crop is produced in the field for the seventh time.
(3) The percentage of plants showing visible varietal mixture or visible symptoms of disease set out in column 1 of an item of the table to this section on the first inspection, any subsequent inspection and the final inspection shall not exceed the applicable percentages set out in columns 2 and 3 of that item.
Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Item Disease or Varietal Mixture Percentage on First or any Subsequent Inspection Percentage on Final Inspection 1. PSTV 0 0 2. Bacterial ring rot 0 0 3. Total of all viruses 3 2 4. Total of blackleg and wilts 3 2 5. Varietal mixtures 1 0.5
- SOR/91-526, s. 1;
- SOR/95-179, s. 8;
- SOR/2002-198, s. 3.
Tuber Grade Sizes
48. (1) All documentation for any quantity of graded seed potatoes, whether in containers or in bulk, shall specify, in millimetres, the minimum and maximum size of the graded tubers.
(2) Subject to subsection (3), that specification of minimum and maximum size shall be in accordance with the following:
(a) the minimum size shall not be less than 30 mm; and
(b) the maximum size shall not be greater than 70 mm for long type varieties or 80 mm for round type varieties.
(3) If a grower or supplier of graded seed potatoes has an agreement with a purchaser for the purchase of graded seed potatoes from the grower or supplier,
(a) the agreement shall state the quantity of graded seed potatoes to be purchased as well as their minimum and maximum sizes, which may be different from the minimum and maximum sizes set out in subsection (2); and
(b) the minimum and maximum sizes stated in the agreement may be used on all seed potato tags and records of bulk movement to denote the size for the graded seed potatoes.
(4) Any quantity of seed potatoes supplied under the agreement shall be sorted and graded by the grower or supplier, and at least 95% of the tubers by weight must be within the minimum and maximum sizes set out in subsection (3).
(5) Nuclear Stock seed potatoes and Breeder’s Selection seed potatoes are exempt from the requirements in subsection (1).
- SOR/2002-198, s. 3.
- Date modified: