3. These Regulations apply in respect of an area other than the land side of an airport set out in Schedule I or II.
- SOR/92-120, s. 2;
- SOR/2006-102, s. 27.
4. The Minister may authorize any person or class of persons to act as a constable to enforce these Regulations.
PART IOPERATION OF MOTOR VEHICLES
5. (1) No person shall operate a motor vehicle on an airport unless
(a) he holds all licences and permits that he is, by the laws of the province and the municipality in which the airport is situated, required to hold in order to operate the motor vehicle in that province and municipality; and
(b) the motor vehicle is registered and equipped as required by the laws of the province and the municipality in which the airport is situated.
(2) For the purpose of these Regulations, a provincial certificate of motor vehicle registration shall be prima facie proof of ownership of the motor vehicle.
Compliance with Provincial and Municipal Laws
6. (1) No person shall operate a motor vehicle on an airport otherwise than in accordance with the laws of the province and the municipality in which the airport is situated.
(2) In this Part, the expression “laws of the province and the municipality” does not include laws that are inconsistent with or repugnant to any of the provisions of the Government Property Traffic Act or these Regulations.
Traffic Signs and Devices
7. (1) The Minister may mark or erect or cause to be marked or erected on any airport traffic signs or devices
(a) prescribing the rate of speed;
(b) regulating or prohibiting parking and designating parking, loading or restricted areas;
(c) prescribing load limits for any motor vehicle or class of motor vehicles;
(d) prohibiting or regulating the use of any road or place by any motor vehicle or class of motor vehicles, or by persons or animals;
(e) designating any road as a one-way road;
(f) stopping motor vehicles;
(g) regulating pedestrian traffic; and
(h) directing or controlling in any other manner traffic on the airport.
(2) Except as authorized by subsection (1), no person shall mark or erect any traffic sign or device on any airport.
- SOR/92-120, s. 3(F).
8. Any traffic sign or device on any airport bearing the words “Department of Transport”, “Ministère des Transports”, or an abbreviation thereof, or purporting to have been erected by or under the authority of the Minister, shall be deemed prima facie to have been erected pursuant to this Part.
9. The driver of a motor vehicle on an airport shall obey the instruction of any traffic sign or device applicable to that driver or motor vehicle.
- Date modified: