Traffic Direction and Control
10. No person shall, on an airport, drive
(a) a motor vehicle other than an over-snow vehicle, except on a road; or
(b) an over-snow vehicle except with the permission of the airport manager.
11. (1) The driver of a motor vehicle on an airport shall comply with any traffic directions given to him by a constable.
(2) A constable may, for the purpose of ensuring the orderly movement of all traffic on an airport, direct or control such traffic.
12. Every person on an airport shall produce to a constable upon demand
(a) any permit issued to him under this Part;
(b) any licence or permit he holds authorizing him to drive a motor vehicle; and
(c) any certificate of registration referred to in subsection 5(2).
13. Every driver of a motor vehicle who is directly or indirectly involved in an accident on an airport shall
(a) report the accident forthwith as required by the laws of the province in which the accident occurred; and
(b) if any property of Her Majesty is damaged by the accident, report the accident forthwith to a member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police or the airport manager.
14. No person shall operate or park a motor vehicle
(a) on an apron unless he has the permission of the airport manager; or
(b) in any area designated by a sign as a restricted area unless he is in possession of valid identification.
15. Where an apron traffic control unit, as defined in Part IV, has been established at an airport, the operator of a motor vehicle on the apron shall acknowledge and obey any instruction received from the unit.
16. No person shall park a motor vehicle in any area designated by a sign as an area in which parking is prohibited.
17. No person shall, without the permission of the Minister, park a motor vehicle on any portion of an airport that is grassed or that is not intended for the use of motor vehicles.
18. No person shall park a motor vehicle in a place designated by a sign as a loading area.
19. No driver of a commercial passenger vehicle shall load or unload passengers at an airport except in an area designated by a sign as an area in which passenger loading or unloading is permitted.
20. Where an area is designated by a sign as an area in which parking is reserved for persons who hold a parking permit or special parking permit, as the case may be, no person shall park a motor vehicle in that area unless the person
(a) holds a parking permit or special parking permit that authorizes the person to park in that area;
(b) where an identifying label or ticket has been issued with the parking permit or special parking permit, affixes the label to the lower corner of the driver’s side of the windshield of the motor vehicle, or displays the ticket on the driver’s side of the dashboard of the motor vehicle in such a manner that it is clearly visible; and
(c) parks the motor vehicle in accordance with the terms of the parking permit or special parking permit.
- SOR/92-120, s. 4.
- Date modified: