30. [Repealed, SOR/95-536, s. 6]
31. (1) The Minister may issue or authorize the issue of permits and labels for the purposes of this Part.
(2) The Minister or a person authorized by him may at any time revoke a permit issued under this Part.
(3) Unless sooner revoked, a permit issued under this Part is valid only for the period stated thereon and a label furnished with the permit is valid only during the period that the permit is valid.
32. A constable who finds a motor vehicle parked in contravention of this Part may, at the expense of the owner, remove the vehicle and, if he deems it necessary to protect the vehicle or the interests of the owner, store it in a suitable place.
33. No person shall drive a motor vehicle on a road at a rate of speed in excess of the speed limit indicated for that road by a sign.
34. Unless otherwise authorized by the airport manager, no person shall drive a motor vehicle on an apron at a rate of speed in excess of 15 mph (25 km/h).
35. No person shall drive a motor vehicle on an apron or manoeuvring area in a manner that is dangerous to persons, aircraft, vehicles or equipment, having regard to all the circumstances including the amount of traffic thereon or reasonably expected to be thereon.
36. The provisions of this Part relating to motor vehicles apply with such modifications as the circumstances require to a bicycle or any cycle regardless of the number of wheels it may have.
37. No person shall allow an animal owned by him or under his control to be at large on an airport.
38. A constable or person in charge of an airport may, at the expense of the owner of the animal, cause any animal found at large on the airport to be confined or driven off the airport or impounded in accordance with the laws of the province and municipality in which the airport is situated.
39. (1) Subject to subsections (2) and (3) and subsection 40(4), every person who contravenes a provision of this Part is liable on summary conviction to
(a) a fine not exceeding an amount equal to the lesser of
(i) the maximum fine, if any, prescribed under the highway traffic laws of the province in which the offence was committed, as amended from time to time, and
(ii) in any other case, $500;
(b) a term of imprisonment not exceeding six months; or
(2) Every person who contravenes any provision of these Regulations governing the parking of motor vehicles shall be liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding $50.
(3) Where a person is convicted of driving a motor vehicle in contravention of this Part, the convicting court or judge may, in addition to any other penalty imposed, make an order prohibiting that person from driving any motor vehicle on any lands belonging to or occupied by Her Majesty in right of Canada for any period not exceeding one year from the date of the conviction.
(4) Every person who drives a motor vehicle contrary to an order made pursuant to subsection (3) is liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding $500 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to both.
- SOR/96-476, s. 1;
- SOR/2002-356, s. 2;
- SOR/2006-102, s. 28.
- Date modified: