2. The Board is authorized to make orders respecting the allocation of areas, including the determination of the size of spacing units and the well production rates for the purpose of drilling for or producing oil and gas and to exercise any powers and perform any duties that may be necessary for the management and control of oil or gas production.
Names and Designations
3. The Board may give a name, classification or status to any well and may change that name, classification or status.
4. The Board may also
(a) designate a zone for the purposes of these Regulations;
(b) give a name to a pool or field; and
(c) define the boundaries of a pool, zone or field for the purpose of identifying it.
MANAGEMENT SYSTEM, APPLICATION FOR AUTHORIZATION AND WELL APPROVALS
5. (1) The applicant for an authorization shall develop an effective management system that integrates operations and technical systems with the management of financial and human resources to ensure compliance with the Act and these Regulations.
(2) The management system shall include
(a) the policies on which the system is based;
(b) the processes for setting goals for the improvement of safety, environmental protection and waste prevention;
(c) the processes for identifying hazards and for evaluating and managing the associated risks;
(d) the processes for ensuring that personnel are trained and competent to perform their duties;
(e) the processes for ensuring and maintaining the integrity of all facilities, structures, installations, support craft and equipment necessary to ensure safety, environmental protection and waste prevention;
(f) the processes for the internal reporting and analysis of hazards, minor injuries, incidents and near-misses and for taking corrective actions to prevent their recurrence;
(g) the documents describing all management system processes and the processes for making personnel aware of their roles and responsibilities with respect to them;
(h) the processes for ensuring that all documents associated with the system are current, valid and have been approved by the appropriate level of authority;
(i) the processes for conducting periodic reviews or audits of the system and for taking corrective actions if reviews or audits identify areas of non-conformance with the system and opportunities for improvement;
(j) the arrangements for coordinating the management and operations of the proposed work or activity among the owner of the installation, the contractors, the operator and others, as applicable; and
(k) the name and position of the person accountable for the establishment and maintenance of the system and of the person responsible for implementing it.
(3) The management system documentation shall be controlled and set out in a logical and systematic fashion to allow for ease of understanding and efficient implementation.
(4) The management system shall correspond to the size, nature and complexity of the operations and activities, hazards and risks associated with the operations.
- Date modified: