12. The application shall contain
(a) if the well approval sought is to re-enter, work over, complete or recomplete a well or suspend or abandon a well or part of it, a detailed description of that well, the proposed work or activity and the rationale for conducting it;
(b) if the well approval sought is to complete a well, in addition to the information required under paragraph (a), information that demonstrates that section 46 will be complied with; and
(c) if the well approval sought is to suspend a well or part of it, in addition to the information required under paragraph (a), an indication of the period within which the suspended well or part of it will be abandoned or completed.
13. The Board shall grant the well approval if the operator demonstrates that the work or activity will be conducted safely, without waste and without pollution, in compliance with these Regulations.
Suspension and Revocation of a Well Approval
14. (1) The Board may suspend the well approval if
(a) the operator fails to comply with the approval and the work or activity cannot be conducted safely, without waste or without pollution;
(b) the safety of the work or activity becomes uncertain because
(i) the level of performance of the installation or service equipment, any ancillary equipment or any support craft is demonstrably less than the level of performance indicated in the application, or
(ii) the physical environmental conditions encountered in the area of the activity for which the well approval was granted are more severe than the equipment’s operating limits as specified by the manufacturer; or
(c) the operator fails to comply with the approvals issued under subsection 7(2), 52(4) or 66(2).
(2) The Board may revoke the well approval if the operator fails to remedy the situation causing the suspension within 120 days after the date of that suspension.
15. For the purpose of subsection 5.1(1) of the Act, the well approval relating to a production project is prescribed.
16. For the purpose of paragraph 5.1(3)(b) of the Act, Part II of the development plan relating to a proposed development of a pool or field shall contain a resource management plan.
Availability of Documents
17. (1) The operator shall keep a copy of the authorization, the well approval and all other approvals and plans required under these Regulations, the Act and the regulations made under the Act at each installation and shall make them available for examination at the request of any person at each installation.
(2) The operator shall ensure that a copy of all operating manuals and other procedures and documents necessary to execute the work or activity and to operate the installation safely without pollution are readily accessible at each installation.
18. The operator shall ensure compliance with the management system referred to in section 5.
- Date modified: