APPLICATION OF RULES
3. (1) Subject to the Act and the regulations, these Rules apply to every proceeding before the Council held pursuant to section 8 of the Act.
(2) The Council may, in any proceeding, direct either orally or in writing that a specified Rule shall not apply to that proceeding and may, during the proceedings make other Rules for the purpose of ensuring the expeditious conduct of the business of the Council and that proceeding.
4. Whenever a time limit or deadline for the doing of a thing under these Rules falls on a Saturday or holiday, the thing may be done on the day next following that is not a holiday.
5. (1) Every applicant shall file with the Secretary an application in writing signed by himself or his agent.
(2) Every application filed pursuant to subsection (1) shall
(a) contain a clear and concise statement of the facts, the grounds of the application on which the applicant relies and the nature of the order applied for or decision requested;
(b) be divided into consecutively numbered paragraphs each of which shall be confined as nearly as possible to a separate and distinct subject-matter and portion of the application;
(c) set out the name, address and telephone number of the applicant or the applicant’s agent;
(d) be signed by the applicant or his agent;
(e) where it is signed by an agent of the applicant, be accompanied by a copy of the document that authorizes the agent to act on behalf of the applicant;
(f) contain a list of any documents that explain or support the application;
(g) designate a place where the application may be made available for public inspection; and
(h) be filed with the Council in triplicate together with a copy of the documents listed in paragraph (f).
6. At any time after the filing of an application and before the disposition thereof by the Council, the Council may require any party to furnish the Council with such other information or documents as the Council requires to enable it to obtain a full and satisfactory understanding of the application, reply, intervention or submission.
FORM OF DOCUMENTS
7. (1) All applications, reply, interventions, submissions or other documents made or submitted by any party in connection with any proceeding shall, unless special circumstances otherwise require, be of the uniform size of 21.5 cm wide by 28 cm long and be typewritten on only one side of the page.
(2) Notwithstanding subsection (1), a complaint made pursuant to section 12 may be in any form.
(3) The style of cause for each proceeding shall consist of the name of the applicant followed by a short phrase summarizing the nature of the order or decision sought.
(4) Where an applicant referred to in subsection (3) carries on its undertaking in the name of a department, committee or division of the company, the name of the department, committee or division, as the case may be, may be substituted for that of the applicant for the purposes of any proceeding, except where a reference is intended to apply to the entire undertaking of the applicant.
- Date modified: