9.42 (1) Subject to subsection (2), any exhaust system from a personal service room containing a toilet or a shower shall not be connected with any other exhaust or air supply system.
(2) The exhaust system for a personal service room containing a toilet or shower may be connected with the exhaust duct of another room at the exhaust fan inlet if the system is connected in such a manner that an exchange of air cannot occur between the rooms.
- SOR/88-632, s. 39.
9.43 Clothing storage facilities shall be provided by the employer for the storage of overcoats and outer clothes not worn by employees while they are working.
9.44 (1) A change room shall be provided by the employer where
(a) the nature of the work engaged in by an employee makes it necessary for that employee to change from street clothes to work clothes for health or safety reasons; or
(b) an employee is regularly engaged in work in which his work clothing becomes wet or contaminated by a hazardous substance.
(2) Where wet or contaminated work clothing referred to in paragraph (1)(b) is changed, it shall be stored in such a manner that it does not come in contact with clothing that is not wet or contaminated.
(3) No employee shall leave the work place wearing clothing contaminated by a hazardous substance.
(4) Every employer shall supply drying and cleaning facilities for the purpose of drying or cleaning wet or contaminated clothing referred to in paragraph (1)(b).
(5) In each change room,
(a) a floor area of at least 0.4 m2 shall be provided for each of the employees who normally use the room at any one time; and
(b) where it is necessary for the employees to change footwear, seats shall be provided in sufficient numbers to accommodate them.
- SOR/88-68, s. 14;
- SOR/88-632, s. 40(F);
- SOR/94-263, s. 28(F);
- SOR/2002-208, ss. 42, 43(F).
9.45 To the extent that is reasonably practicable, the clothing storage facilities referred to in section 9.43 and the change room referred to in section 9.44 shall be located
(a) near the work place and connected thereto by a completely covered route;
(b) on a direct route to the entrance to the work place;
(c) near a shower room provided pursuant to section 9.23; and
(d) near a toilet room.
- Date modified: