4 The employer shall ensure that there is a means of identifying, on the workforce survey questionnaire, the employee who returns it, whether by name or otherwise.
5 The employer shall keep the workforce survey results up to date by
(a) providing a workforce survey questionnaire
(b) making necessary adjustments to the survey results to take into account the responses to the questionnaires referred to in paragraph (a); and
(c) making necessary adjustments to the survey results to take into account members of designated groups who have been terminated.
6 (1) Based on the information collected under sections 3 to 5, and on relevant information contained in any other employment records maintained by the employer, the employer shall conduct an analysis of its workforce in order to
(a) determine the following for each occupational group of the employer’s workforce, namely,
(b) determine the degree of underrepresentation of the persons referred to in paragraph (a) by comparing the representation of each designated group in each occupational group of the employer’s workforce to their representation in each occupational group in whichever of the following is the most appropriate as a basis of comparison, namely,
(2) In making a determination under paragraph (1)(b), the employer shall use the labour market information made available by the Minister under section 42(3) of the Act, or information from other sources that is determined by the Minister to be relevant labour market information, in order to determine the representation, in the geographic area or areas from which the employer may reasonably be expected to draw employees, of workers who are members of designated groups and who are qualified or eligible for the jobs within each occupational group of the employer’s workforce.
(3) An employer who has already conducted an analysis of all or part of its workforce before the coming into force of these Regulations is not required to conduct another analysis of all or that part of its workforce, if
(a) the results of the previous analysis are up to date as a result of periodic revisions that have taken into account the updating of the workforce survey results in accordance with section 5; and
(b) the results of the previous analysis are likely to be the same as the results that would be achieved by an analysis undertaken pursuant to subsections (1) and (2).
(4) Where an employer replaces its employment equity plan with a new plan, the employer is not required to conduct a new workforce analysis if the results of the previous analysis have been kept up to date by means of periodic revisions that have taken into account the updating of the workforce survey results in accordance with section 5.
7 The employer shall prepare a summary of the results of its workforce analysis for use in the preparation of its employment equity plan.
Review of Employment Systems, Policies and Practices
8 Where, based on the workforce analysis conducted pursuant to section 6, underrepresentation of persons in designated groups has been identified in any occupational group of the employer’s workforce, the employer shall conduct a review of its employment systems, policies and practices in order to determine whether any of those employment systems, policies and practices is an employment barrier against persons in designated groups.
9 (1) Subject to section 10, for the purposes of making a determination referred to in section 8, the employer shall, in relation to each occupational group in which underrepresentation referred to in section 8 has been identified, review its employment systems, policies and practices with respect to
(2) Where, following a review under subsection (1), new employment systems, policies or practices relating to the matters referred to in that subsection are implemented by the employer, the employer shall also review the new employment systems, policies or practices with respect to those matters.
10 An employer who, before the coming into force of these Regulations, has conducted a review of its employment systems, policies and practices with respect to the matters referred to in subsection 9(1) in relation to all or part of its workforce is not required to conduct another review with respect to the matters already reviewed if the results of the previous review are likely to be the same as the results that would be achieved by a review undertaken pursuant to subsection 9(1).
Employment Equity Records
11 An employer shall establish and maintain the following records:
(a) a record of each employee’s designated group membership, if any;
(b) a record of each employee’s occupational group classification;
(c) a record of each employee’s salary and salary increases;
(d) a record of each employee’s promotions;
(e) a copy of the workforce survey questionnaire that was provided to the employees and any other information used by the employer in conducting its workforce analysis;
(f) the summary of the results of the workforce analysis required by section 7;
(g) a description of the activities undertaken by the employer in conducting its employment systems review;
(h) the employer’s employment equity plan;
(i) a record of the employer’s monitoring of the implementation of its employment equity plan, undertaken in accordance with paragraph 12(b) of the Act; and
(j) a record of activities undertaken by the employer and information provided to employees in accordance with section 14 of the Act.
(2) Records referred to in paragraphs 11(e) to (j) shall be kept for two years after the period covered by the employment equity plan to which the records relate.
(3) Where a private sector employer has generated its annual employment equity report required by subsection 18(1) of the Act using specially designed computer software such as Employment Equity Computerized Reporting System (EECRS), the employer shall maintain a copy of the database or other computer record used to generate the report for two years after the year in respect of which the report is filed.
13 The form set out in Schedule V is the prescribed form of the Tribunal certificate for the purpose of subparagraph 39(4)(b)(i) of the Act.
PART IIPrivate Sector Employer Report
14 This Part applies in respect of the report required to be filed by private sector employers under section 18 of the Act.
(2) For the 2004 calendar year, Forms 1 to 6 of Schedule VI are prescribed for the purpose of filing a report referred to in subsection 18(1) of the Act.
(3) For the purposes of paragraph 18(1)(c) of the Act, a prescribed subdivision of a salary range is a quarter of a salary range.
- SOR/2006-120, s. 2.
“I, (name), hereby certify on behalf of (legal name of employer) that the information contained in Forms 1 to 6 of this report is true and accurate in every respect to the best of my knowledge and belief.
(2) Where an employment equity report is filed on behalf of a corporation, the statement referred to in subsection (1) shall be signed by a senior officer of the corporation.
- Date modified: