Officers and Employees (continued)
14 On the expiration of any term of office, the President is eligible to be reappointed for a further term.
- 1991, c. 16, s. 14
- 2003, c. 22, s. 30
Other Officers and Employees
Marginal note:Appointments under Public Service Employment Act
Marginal note:Other appointments
(2) Despite subsection (1), the President may, on behalf of the School, appoint and employ teaching and research staff and may, with the approval of the Treasury Board, establish the terms and conditions of their employment, including their remuneration.
Marginal note:Act not applicable
Marginal note:Acts and regulations applicable
(4) Each person employed by the School under subsection (2) is deemed to be an employee for the purposes of the Government Employees Compensation Act, to be employed in the federal public administration for the purposes of any regulations made under section 9 of the Aeronautics Act, and to be employed in the public service for the purposes of the Public Service Superannuation Act.
- 1991, c. 16, s. 15
- 2003, c. 22, ss. 31, 133(E)
- 2017, c. 9, s. 55
Teaching and Research Services
16 The President may enter into contracts for the provision of teaching and research services to the School and for other professional services connected with the management of the programs of the School.
- 1991, c. 16, s. 16
- 2003, c. 22, s. 32
17 [Repealed, 2012, c. 19, s. 520]
Marginal note:Setting amount of fees
(2) Subject to any conditions imposed by the Treasury Board, the revenue from fees received by the School in a fiscal year through the conduct of its operations may be spent by the School for its purposes in that, or the next, fiscal year.
- 1991, c. 16, s. 18
- 2001, c. 4, s. 69(F)
- 2003, c. 22, s. 32
- 2012, c. 19, s. 521
- 2014, c. 20, s. 366(E)
Review and Report
Marginal note:Annual report
19 (1) The Minister shall, as soon as feasible after the end of each fiscal year but no later than the end of the calendar year in which that fiscal year ends, cause to be laid before each House of Parliament a report of the operations of the School for that fiscal year.
Marginal note:Reports required by Treasury Board
(2) The obligation imposed by subsection (1) may be satisfied by the tabling of any reports of the School’s operations required by the Treasury Board that contain the information required by that subsection.
Marginal note:Review and report
(3) The President shall, before December 1, 2006 and within every five years after that date, cause a review and report to be made of the School’s activities and organization.
Marginal note:Tabling in Parliament
(4) The Minister shall cause a copy of the report referred to in subsection (3) to be laid before each House of Parliament within the first thirty days that that House is sitting after the report is made.
- 1991, c. 16, s. 19
- 2003, c. 22, s. 34
- 2012, c. 19, s. 522
20 [Repealed, 2003, c. 22, s. 35]
21 to 25 [Amendments]
Coming into Force
Marginal note:Coming into force
Return to footnote *[Note: Act in force December 1, 1991, see SI/91-158.]
- Date modified: