Marginal note:Chief Executive Officer
152 (1) The Chairperson of the Board is its chief executive officer and as such has supervision over and direction of the work and the staff of the Board, and the Chairperson shall chair general meetings of the Board.
Marginal note:Withdrawal of member
(2) The Chairperson may direct that a member of the Board not participate in a review panel where, in the opinion of the Chairperson, the participation of the member in the review may result in a reasonable apprehension of bias.
Marginal note:Constitution of review panels
(3) The Chairperson may direct that the number of members required to constitute a panel for the review of any particular case shall be greater than the number fixed by the regulations.
(4) The Chairperson may appoint a person or persons to investigate and report on any matter relating to the operations of the Board, and sections 7 to 13 of the Inquiries Act apply in respect of such investigations, with such modifications as the circumstances require, as if the references to “commissioners” in those sections were references to the person or persons so appointed.
(5) The Chairperson may authorize any full-time member of the Board to exercise any of the Chairperson’s functions under this Part, in accordance with any conditions specified by the Chairperson, and a function so exercised shall be deemed to have been exercised by the Chairperson.
Marginal note:Manner of exercising
(6) Where the Chairperson is authorized by this Part to designate a person to exercise a power, the Chairperson may specify the conditions under which that person may exercise the power.
Marginal note:Absence, incapacity or vacancy
(7) In the event of the absence or incapacity of the Chairperson or a vacancy in the office of Chairperson, the Executive Vice-Chairperson may exercise all the powers of the Chairperson.
(8) In the event of the absence or incapacity of, or a vacancy in the offices of, the Chairperson and the Executive Vice-Chairperson, a full-time member of the Board designated by the Minister may exercise all the powers of the Chairperson.
- Date modified: