Corrections and Conditional Release Act (S.C. 1992, c. 20)
- HTMLFull Document: Corrections and Conditional Release Act (Accessibility Buttons available) |
- XMLFull Document: Corrections and Conditional Release Act [707 KB] |
- PDFFull Document: Corrections and Conditional Release Act [1274 KB]
Act current to 2023-05-17 and last amended on 2022-06-23. Previous Versions
43 (1) A charge of a disciplinary offence shall be dealt with in accordance with the prescribed procedure, including a hearing conducted in the prescribed manner.
Marginal note:Presence of inmate
(2) A hearing mentioned in subsection (1) shall be conducted with the inmate present unless
(a) the inmate is voluntarily absent;
(b) the person conducting the hearing believes on reasonable grounds that the inmate’s presence would jeopardize the safety of any person present at the hearing; or
(c) the inmate seriously disrupts the hearing.
(3) The person conducting the hearing shall not find the inmate guilty unless satisfied beyond a reasonable doubt, based on the evidence presented at the hearing, that the inmate committed the disciplinary offence in question.
- Date modified: