(2) These Regulations do not apply in respect of
(a) [Repealed, SOR/93-335, s. 2]
(b) fishing for marine mammals;
(d) except for Part VIII, cultured or cultivated fish found in or taken from
(e) national parks where the National Parks Fishing Regulations apply; or
(f) a foreign fishing vessel or a person fishing from a foreign fishing vessel, except where the vessel or person is engaged in recreational fishing.
(3) Except for this section and sections 2, 4, 6, 18, 19, 22, 25 to 29, 34, 35, 39, 56, 58, and 68, these Regulations do not apply with respect to fishing and related activities carried out under the authority of a licence issued under the Aboriginal Communal Fishing Licences Regulations.
- SOR/93-335, s. 2
- SOR/97-246, s. 1
- SOR/2002-225, s. 10
Licensing and Registration
(a) the person is
(ii) accompanying a person referred to in subparagraph (i) and is fishing for
(b) the person holds a fisher’s registration card; and
(c) where a vessel is used in fishing, a vessel registration card has been issued in respect of that vessel.
(2) A person may retain
(3) Subsection (1) does not apply in respect of
(a) recreational fishing by angling or with set lines;
(b) recreational fishing for clams or mussels by hand or with hand-held tools;
(c) recreational fishing for eels, smelt or tomcod with spears in tidal waters;
(d) recreational fishing for smelt with dip nets;
(e) recreational fishing for gaspereau with dip nets in waters other than
(f) fishing for oysters in a leased oyster area; or
(g) fishing for minnows with minnow traps or dip nets.
(5) Paragraph (1)(c) does not apply in respect of fishing for oysters in a public oyster-fishing area in the inland or tidal waters of Prince Edward Island or Nova Scotia.
- SOR/93-335, s. 3
- SOR/96-125, s. 1
- SOR/2001-452, s. 2
5 The Minister, upon application for a licence or registration card set out in column I of an item of the table to this section and payment of the fee set out in column II of that item, may issue that licence or registration card.
|Item||Column I||Column II|
|Licence or Registration Card||Fee ($)|
|1||Fisher’s registration card||50.00|
|2||Vessel registration card||50.00|
|3||Commercial fishing licence||30.00 per species|
|4||Recreational fishing licence||10.00|
|5||Bait fishing licence||5.00|
|6||Shellfish replanting licence||Free|
|7||Licence to take oysters during a close time from a leased oyster area||Free|
|8||Licence to import salmon||Free|
- SOR/93-335, s. 4
- SOR/96-3, s. 1
6 No person shall catch and retain or possess Atlantic whitefish.
- SOR/2001-452, s. 3
Fishing in Inland Waters
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to a person who is fishing
8 No person shall fish in inland waters with the aid of an artificial light or light from a fire.
- SOR/2001-452, s. 4
9 No person shall fish or assist in fishing by jigging in inland waters or assist in landing fish that have been caught by jigging in inland waters.
- SOR/2001-452, s. 4
- Date modified: