141.1 The Board may delegate any of the Board’s powers under section 142, 142.2, 142.3, 143.1, 143.2 or 168 to any person, and the person shall exercise those powers in accordance with the terms of the delegation.
- 1992, c. 35, s. 95.
Licences and Authorizations
Operating Licences and Authorization for Work
Marginal note:Licences and authorizations
142. (1) The Board may, on application made in the form and containing the information fixed by it and in the prescribed manner, issue
(a) an operating licence; and
(b) subject to section 45, an authorization with respect to each work or activity proposed to be carried on.
Marginal note:Term and renewals
(2) An operating licence expires on the thirty-first day of March immediately after the day on which it is issued and may be renewed for successive periods not exceeding one year each.
Marginal note:Requirements for operating licence
(3) An operating licence is subject to such requirements as the Board determines or as may be prescribed and to such fees and deposits as are prescribed.
Marginal note:Copy to Chief Safety Officer
(3.1) On receipt by the Board of an application for an authorization for a work or activity referred to in paragraph (1)(b) or of an application to amend such an authorization, the Board shall provide a copy of the application to the Chief Safety Officer.
Marginal note:Requirements for authorization
(4) An authorization is subject to such approvals as the Board determines or as may be granted in accordance with the regulations and such requirements and deposits as the Board determines or as may be prescribed, including
(a) requirements relating to liability for loss, damage, costs or expenses;
(b) requirements for the carrying out of environmental programs or studies; and
(c) requirements for the payment of expenses incurred by the Board in approving the design, construction and operation of production facilities and production platforms, as those terms are defined in the regulations.
(4.1) The approvals, requirements and deposits that are determined, granted or prescribed shall not be inconsistent with the provisions of this Act or the regulations.
Marginal note:Suspension or revocation
(5) The Board may suspend or revoke an operating licence or an authorization for failure to comply with, contravention of or default in respect of
(a) a requirement, approval, fee or deposit, determined by the Board in accordance with the provisions of this Part or Part III.1 or granted or prescribed by regulations made under either of those Parts, subject to which the licence or authorization was issued;
(b) a requirement undertaken in a declaration referred to in subsection 143.1(1);
(c) subsection 143.1(3), 143.2(2) or 168(1.1);
(c.1) any provision of Part III.1; or
(d) any applicable regulation.
- 1988, c. 28, s. 142;
- 1992, c. 35, s. 96;
- 2014, c. 13, s. 64.
- Date modified: