141.1 The Board may delegate any of the Board’s powers under section 142, 142.2, 142.3, 143.1, 143.2 or 168 to any person, and the person shall exercise those powers in accordance with the terms of the delegation.
- 1992, c. 35, s. 95.
Licences and Authorizations
Operating Licences and Authorization for Work
Marginal note:Licences and authorizations
142. (1) The Board may, on application made in the form and containing the information fixed by it and in the prescribed manner, issue
(a) an operating licence; and
(b) subject to section 45, an authorization with respect to each work or activity proposed to be carried on.
Marginal note:Term and renewals
(2) An operating licence expires on the thirty-first day of March immediately after the day on which it is issued and may be renewed for successive periods not exceeding one year each.
Marginal note:Requirements for operating licence
(3) An operating licence is subject to such requirements as the Board determines or as may be prescribed and to such fees and deposits as are prescribed.
Marginal note:Requirements for authorization
(4) An authorization is subject to such approvals as the Board determines or as may be granted in accordance with the regulations and such requirements and deposits as the Board determines or as may be prescribed, including
(a) requirements relating to liability for loss, damage, costs or expenses;
(b) requirements for the carrying out of environmental programs or studies; and
(c) requirements for the payment of expenses incurred by the Board in approving the design, construction and operation of production facilities and production platforms, as those terms are defined in the regulations.
Marginal note:Suspension or revocation
(5) The Board may suspend or revoke an operating licence or an authorization for failure to comply with, contravention of or default in respect of
(a) a requirement, approval, fee or deposit subject to which the licence or authorization was issued;
(b) a requirement undertaken in a declaration referred to in subsection 143.1(1) or (2);
(c) subsection 143.1(3), 143.2(2) or 168(1.1); or
(d) any applicable regulation.
- 1988, c. 28, s. 142;
- 1992, c. 35, s. 96.
Marginal note:Authorizations — Sable Island National Park Reserve of Canada
142.01 (1) If the Board receives an application for an authorization with respect to a work or activity proposed to be carried on in Sable Island National Park Reserve of Canada, it shall, within 60 days after the day on which it received the application, provide a copy of the application to the Parks Canada Agency.
Marginal note:Parks Canada Agency
(2) The Parks Canada Agency shall, within 60 days after the day on which it received the copy of the application, advise the Board in writing about any potential impact of the proposed work or activity on the management of the surface of Sable Island National Park Reserve of Canada.
Marginal note:Board to consider advice
(3) Before deciding whether to issue the authorization, the Board shall consider any advice that it receives under subsection (2). If it issues the authorization, it may include in it terms and conditions, including mitigation or remedial measures, to address the potential impact of the proposed work or activity on the management of the surface of Sable Island National Park Reserve of Canada.
- 2013, c. 28, s. 7.
- Date modified: