REFERENCE AND LOCAL STANDARDS
Marginal note:Reference standards
11. (1) The reference standards for use in Canada are those described in Schedule IV.
Marginal note:Additions to and deletions from Schedule IV
(2) The Governor in Council may by order amend Schedule IV
(a) by adding thereto any standard that is to be used as a reference standard; or
(b) by deleting therefrom any reference standard.
- 1970-71-72, c. 36, s. 11.
Marginal note:Calibration and certification of standards
12. (1) The reference standards and other standards of measurement that are retained under the authority of the Minister for the purpose of determining the accuracy of local standards or of standards that are used by inspectors under the Electricity and Gas Inspection Act shall, at the request of the Minister, be calibrated and certified by the National Research Council of Canada in terms of the units of measurement set out and defined in Schedule I or II.
(2) The National Research Council of Canada may request the Minister to forward to the Council for calibration and certification any standards referred to in subsection (1).
- R.S., 1985, c. W-6, s. 12;
- R.S., 1985, c. 4 (1st Supp.), s. 1.
Marginal note:Designation of local standards
13. (1) The Minister may designate as a local standard any standard that has been calibrated and certified in relation to a reference standard as accurate within prescribed tolerances.
Marginal note:Calibration and certification of local standards
(2) Every local standard shall be calibrated and certified within such periods of time as may be prescribed.
- 1970-71-72, c. 36, s. 13.
Marginal note:Replacement or restoration of standards
14. If a local standard that is owned by Her Majesty in right of Canada or a reference standard is lost, destroyed, defaced or damaged, the Minister shall take such action as may be necessary to replace or restore the standard.
- R.S., 1985, c. W-6, s. 14;
- 2001, c. 34, s. 82.
INSPECTION OF DEVICES
Marginal note:Inspection at prescribed intervals
15. (1) An inspector shall at such times or within such periods of time as may be prescribed inspect every device that is used, or held in possession for use, in trade.
Marginal note:Inspection on request
(2) In addition to any inspection referred to in subsection (1), an inspector may inspect any device at the request of the owner or person in possession thereof or at the request of the trader or other person referred to in section 21.
- 1970-71-72, c. 36, s. 15.
- Date modified: