22. [Repealed, R.S., 1985, c. 31 (1st Supp.), s. 106]
OFFENCES AND PUNISHMENT
Marginal note:Prohibited use of devices
23. Every trader is guilty of an offence who uses a device in trade for any purpose or in any manner that is prohibited
(a) in the certificate of inspection issued at the time of the most recent inspection made under this Act; or
(b) in the approval of that device pursuant to section 3.
- 1970-71-72, c. 36, s. 23.
Marginal note:Non-compliance with regulations by trader
24. Every trader is guilty of an offence who uses, or has in his possession for use, in trade, any device that
(a) is not installed in accordance with the requirements of the regulations; or
(b) does not measure units of measurement within the limits of error prescribed.
- 1970-71-72, c. 36, s. 24.
Marginal note:Marking or certifying without inspection
25. Every inspector is guilty of an offence who
(a) marks a device to indicate that it has been inspected by the inspector without making an inspection of that device;
(b) issues a certificate that shows whether a device meets the requirements of this Act and the regulations without making an inspection of that device and, if the inspector certifies that the device meets those requirements, without determining its accuracy in relation to a relevant local standard; or
(c) issues a statement purporting to show the results of an inspection of a device without making an inspection of that device.
- 1970-71-72, c. 36, s. 25;
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 47, s. 50.
Marginal note:Unlawful disposition of devices
26. (1) Every dealer is guilty of an offence who sells or otherwise disposes of, or leases, any device that
(a) has not been marked as prescribed;
(b) in the case of a static measure, is not of a class, type or design that has been approved for use in trade pursuant to section 3; or
(c) in the case of a device other than a static measure, has not been inspected in the manner and circumstances prescribed.
Marginal note:Importation of devices
(2) Every dealer or trader who in the course of the business of that dealer or trader imports into Canada any device, other than a static measure, without notifying the Minister as prescribed is guilty of an offence.
- R.S., 1985, c. W-6, s. 26;
- 2011, c. 21, s. 158.
- Date modified: