Location and Order — General Rule
Marginal note:Location and order
25. (1) The information required by these Regulations must be displayed on the container at the following locations and in the following order:
(a) on the main display panel,
(i) a hazard symbol,
(ii) the signal word “EXTREME DANGER”, “DANGER” or “CAUTION”, as the case may be, and
(iii) the primary hazard statement; and
(b) on any part of the display surface,
(i) the specific hazard statement,
(ii) negative instructions,
(iii) positive instructions, and
(iv) the first aid statement.
Marginal note:Exemption — small container
(2) Despite subsection (1) and subject to Part 4, if the main display panel of a container has an area of
(a) less than 35 cm2, only the hazard symbol and the signal word need be displayed; or
(b) 35 cm2 or more but less than 70 cm2 and more than one hazard symbol is required, the required negative and positive instructions, other than the positive instructions referred to in subsection 11(2), may be omitted.
Location on Main Display Panel
Marginal note:Location of hazard symbol, signal word and primary hazard statement
26. (1) The information referred to in paragraph 25(1)(a) must be located as follows:
(a) below the common name or brand name of the chemical product;
(b) centred parallel to and near the base of the main display panel; and
(c) subject to subsection (3), immediately below one another.
Marginal note:Base of collapsible tube
(2) For the purpose of paragraph (1)(b), the base of the main display panel of a collapsible tube is the end from which the chemical product is discharged.
Marginal note:Exception — short, wide containers
(3) If the main display panel has a height that is less than 10 cm and a width that is at least twice the height, the signal word may be located immediately beside the hazard symbol instead of below it.
Marginal note:Multiple hazard symbols
27. If more than one hazard symbol is required, the symbols must be grouped immediately beside each other in a row parallel to the base of the container.
Marginal note:Precedence among signal words
28. If these Regulations require that more than one signal word be displayed on a container, only the signal word that discloses the greatest hazard must be displayed on the container.
Location of Other Hazard Information
Marginal note:Location of specific hazard statement, instructions and first aid statement
29. The information referred to in paragraph 25(1)(b) must be
(a) left justified; and
(b) enclosed within a border that demarcates the information from other information displayed on the display surface.
- Date modified: