APPLICATION FOR AUTHORIZATION TO APPLY NATIONAL EMISSIONS MARK
7. (1) Any company that intends to apply a national emissions mark to a vehicle or engine shall apply to the Minister to obtain an authorization in the form set out in Schedule 1.
(2) The application to apply a national emissions mark shall be signed by a person who is authorized to act on behalf of the company and shall include
(a) the name and street address of the head office of the company and, if different, its mailing address;
(b) the classes of vehicles or engines for which the authorization is requested;
(c) the street address of the location at which the national emissions mark will be applied to the vehicles or engines;
(d) the street address where records referred to in section 38 will be maintained; and
(e) information to show that the company is capable of verifying compliance with the standards set out in these Regulations.
NATIONAL EMISSIONS MARK
8. (1) The national emissions mark is the mark set out in Schedule 2.
(2) The national emissions mark shall be at least 7 mm in height and 10 mm in width.
(3) The national emissions mark shall be located
(a) on or immediately beside the U.S. information label referred to in paragraph 35(1)(d); or
(b) on or immediately beside the compliance label applied in accordance with the Motor Vehicle Safety Regulations.
(4) The national emissions mark shall be on a label that
(a) is permanently applied to the vehicle or engine;
(b) is resistant to or protected against any weather condition; and
(c) bears inscriptions that are legible, indelible and that are indented, embossed or in a colour that contrasts with the background of the label.
(5) Subject to subsection (6), a company that has been authorized to apply the national emissions mark shall display the identification number assigned by the Minister in figures that are at least 2 mm in height, immediately below or to the right of the national emissions mark.
(6) A company is not required to display its identification number pursuant to subsection (5) if
(a) the company is authorized by the Minister of Transport to apply the national safety mark in accordance with the Motor Vehicle Safety Act;
(b) the company applies both the national emissions mark and the national safety mark to the vehicle; and
(c) the national emissions mark is on the same label as the national safety mark.
9. A company may apply the national emissions mark to a vehicle or engine that is manufactured before January 1, 2004, if
(a) the vehicle or engine conforms to the standards set out in these Regulations for vehicles or engines of the 2004 model year; and
(b) the company meets the requirements of these Regulations in respect of that vehicle or engine.
- SOR/2006-268, s. 3(F).
- Date modified: