Interpretation of Standards
18. (1) The standards referred to in sections 11 to 17 are the certification and in-use standards set out in the CFR, at the applicable useful life, and include the test procedures, fuels and calculation methods set out in the CFR for those standards.
(2) In the case of a standard that is set out in the CFR to be phased in over a period of time for a class of vehicle or engine, the standard comes into effect for the purposes of these Regulations in the model year for which the CFR specifies that the standard applies to 100% of that class, and continues to apply until another standard comes into effect that applies to 100% of that class.
Vehicles or Engines Covered by an EPA Certificate
19. (1) Every vehicle or engine of a specific model year that is covered by an EPA certificate and that is sold concurrently in Canada and the United States shall conform to, instead of the standards set out in sections 11 to 17, the certification and in-use standards referred to in the EPA certificate.
(2) For the purposes of subsection 153(3) of the Act, the provisions of the CFR that are applicable to a vehicle or engine referred to in subsection (1) pursuant to the EPA certificate correspond to the certification and in-use standards referred to in subsection (1).
(3) For the purposes of subsection 153(3) of the Act, the EPA is the prescribed agency.
FLEET AVERAGING REQUIREMENTS FOR LIGHT-DUTY VEHICLES, LIGHT-DUTY TRUCKS AND MEDIUM-DUTY PASSENGER VEHICLES
20. In sections 21 to 32, “fleet” refers only to vehicles of a specific model year that a company manufactures in Canada, or imports into Canada, for the purpose of sale of those vehicles to the first retail purchaser.
Fleet Average NOx Standards
21. Subject to sections 24 to 31, the average NOx value for a company’s fleet that is composed of all of its light-duty vehicles and light light-duty trucks of a model year set out in column 1 of the table to this section shall not exceed the applicable fleet average NOx standard set out in column 2.
LIGHT-DUTY VEHICLES AND LIGHT LIGHT-DUTY TRUCKS
|Column 1||Column 2|
|Item||Model Year||Fleet Average NOx Standard in grams/mile|
- Date modified: