Marginal note:Water-based paints
39. Finger paints must be water based.
40. A rattle must meet all of the following requirements:
(a) a sharp wire must not become exposed with the reasonably foreseeable use of the rattle;
(b) a part of the rattle must not impinge on the base of the template illustrated in Schedule 8, when tested in accordance with that Schedule; and
(c) a component of the rattle that can be removed by the application of a force of 50 N (11.23 pounds) or less or a torque of less than one N-m (8.85 inch-pounds) must not impinge on the base of the template illustrated in Schedule 8, when tested in accordance with that Schedule.
Marginal note:Length or extensibility
41. An elastic that is used to attach a toy across a baby carriage, crib or playpen must meet at least one of the following requirements:
(a) its extensibility must not be more than 75% of its unstretched length; or
(b) its fully-stretched length must not be more than 750 mm (30 inches).
- SOR/2012-71, s. 13(E).
Yo-yo Type Balls
Marginal note:Stretchable cords
42. (1) The stretchable cord of a yo-yo type ball must not be capable of extending to 500 mm (20 inches) or greater in length.
Marginal note:Similar product
(2) A stretchable cord that is made of a soft pliable material and that is attached to a ball, or to an object of any other shape — whether or not the ball or object is made of the same material — must not be capable of extending to 500 mm (20 inches) or greater in length.
43. A battery that is used in or with a toy must be constructed to withstand without leakage the tests set out in Schedule 9.
Carriages and Strollers Regulations
Hazardous Products (Pacifiers) Regulations
COMING INTO FORCE
Marginal note:S.C. 2010, c. 21
Return to footnote *[Note: Regulations in force June 20, 2011, see SI/2011-12.]
- Date modified: