35. The holder of a radio operator certificate set out in column I of an item of Schedule I has the same operating privileges as the holder of a radio operator certificate set out in column II of that item.
36. The holder of a radio operator certificate set out in column I of an item of Schedule II may operate radio apparatus that forms part of a radio station set out in column II of that item.
Applicability of International Regulations
37. In addition to these Regulations, every person who operates radio apparatus shall do so in accordance with the Radio Regulations of the International Telecommunication Union.
Proof of Radio Authorization
38. The holder of a radio authorization shall, at the request of an inspector appointed pursuant to the Act, show the radio authorization or a copy thereof to the inspector within 48 hours after the request.
Operation, Repair and Maintenance of Radio Apparatus on behalf of Another Person
39. A person may install, place in operation, modify, repair, maintain or permit the operation of radio apparatus on behalf of another person only where, if a radio licence is required,
(a) that other person has obtained a radio licence; and
(b) the person does so in accordance with the terms of the radio licence.
Assignment of Frequencies
40. The assignment of a frequency or frequencies to a holder of a radio authorization does not confer a monopoly on the use of the frequency or frequencies, nor shall a radio authorization be construed as conferring any right of continuing tenure in respect of the frequency or frequencies.
41. The holder of a radio licence shall identify the radio station in respect of which the licence was issued in accordance with the Technical Requirements Respecting Identification of Radio Stations, issued by the Minister, as amended from time to time.
Operation in the Amateur Radio Service
42. An individual may operate radio apparatus in the amateur radio service if the individual is the holder of one or more of the following certificates or licences:
(a) an Amateur Radio Operator Certificate with Basic Qualification;
(b) a Radiocommunication Operator General Certificate (Maritime);
(c) a Radio Operator’s First Class Certificate;
(d) a Radio Operator’s Second Class Certificate;
(e) a Radiotelephone Operator’s General Certificate (Aeronautical);
(f) a Radiotelephone Operator’s General Certificate (Maritime);
(g) a Radiotelephone Operator’s General Certificate (Land);
(h) a First-Class Radioelectronic Certificate;
(i) a radio licence in the amateur radio service and an amateur radio operator authorization, issued by the responsible administration of a country other than Canada, if
(i) the individual is a citizen of that country, and
(ii) a reciprocal arrangement that allows similar privileges to Canadians exists between that other country and Canada; and
(j) a radio licence for a radio station in the amateur radio service issued to a citizen of the United States by the Government of the United States.
- SOR/2000-78, s. 3.
- Date modified: