Non-Assignability of Radio Licences
11. It is a term of a radio licence that the licence not be transferred or assigned without the authorization of the Minister.
Stations Licensed or Exempted in Another Country
12. Radio apparatus used in a mobile station that is licensed or exempted by the responsible administration of another country is exempt from the application of subsection 4(1) of the Act if the mobile station is used for communications with stations licensed or exempted in Canada or that other country and if
(a) the operator is a citizen of that other country; and
(b) a reciprocal agreement that allows similar privileges to Canadians exists between that other country and Canada.
Radio Licences of Radiocommunication Service Providers
13. (1) It is a term of a radio licence of a radiocommunication service provider that a subscriber to the services or a lessee of radio apparatus of the radiocommunication service provider may install, operate or possess radio apparatus to communicate with other radio apparatus to which that licence applies.
(2) Use of the services or radio apparatus of a radiocommunication service provider is restricted to communications with radio apparatus to which the radio licence referred to in subsection (1) applies.
14. (1) Every radiocommunication service provider shall provide to each of its subscribers and lessees of its radio apparatus a copy of the terms and conditions of its radio licence that are applicable to those subscribers or lessees, as the case may be.
(2) [Repealed, SOR/2011-47, s. 3]
- SOR/2011-47, s. 3.
15. Radio apparatus that is set out in and meets a standard set out in the Licence-exempt Radio Apparatus Standards List, October 2010 is exempt from the application of subsection 4(1) of the Act in respect of a radio licence.
- SOR/2001-533, s. 3;
- SOR/2011-47, s. 4.
Exemption of Radio Apparatus on Board an Aircraft
15.1 (1) This section applies in respect of an aircraft that is
(a) registered or licensed under an Act of Parliament; or
(b) owned by, or under the direction or control of, Her Majesty in right of Canada or a province.
(2) A radio apparatus that is operated on board an aircraft in the performance of the aeronautical service or the radiodetermination service is exempt from subsection 4(1) of the Act, in respect of a radio licence, if
(a) the operation of the radio apparatus occurs when
(i) the aircraft is within Canada,
(ii) the aircraft is outside Canada and the territory of another country, or
(iii) the aircraft is in the territory of another country with which Canada has entered into a reciprocal agreement that confers similar privileges on Canadians; and
(b) the operation of the radio apparatus is in accordance with the technical requirements for mobile stations operating in the aeronautical service that are specified in section 34.1.
(c) [Repealed, SOR/2011-47, s. 5]
- SOR/99-107, s. 1;
- SOR/2011-47, s. 5.
- Date modified: