Exemption of Radio Apparatus on Board a Ship or Vessel
15.2 (1) This section applies in respect of a ship or vessel that is
(a) registered or licensed under an Act of Parliament; or
(b) owned by, or under the direction or control of, Her Majesty in right of Canada or a province.
(2) A radio apparatus that is operated on board a ship or vessel in the performance of the maritime service or the radiodetermination service is exempt from subsection 4(1) of the Act, in respect of a radio licence, if
(a) the operation of the radio apparatus occurs when
(i) the ship or vessel is within Canada,
(ii) the ship or vessel is outside Canada and the territory of another country, or
(iii) the ship or vessel is in the territory of another country with which Canada has entered into a reciprocal agreement that confers similar privileges on Canadians; and
(b) the operation of the radio apparatus is in accordance with the technical requirements for mobile stations operating in the maritime service specified in section 34.2.
(c) [Repealed, SOR/2011-47, s. 6]
- SOR/99-107, s. 1;
- SOR/2011-47, s. 6.
Exemption of Radio Apparatus Operated in the Amateur Radio Service
15.3 A radio apparatus that is operated in the amateur radio service at a mobile or fixed station is exempt from subsection 4(1) of the Act, in respect of a radio licence, if
(a) a person who operates the radio apparatus is an individual who is the holder of one or more of the certificates or licences referred to in section 42; and
(b) the operation of the radio apparatus in the amateur radio service is in accordance with the technical requirements referred to in section 45.
- SOR/2000-78, s. 2.
16. Radio apparatus that is set out in and meets a standard set out in the Broadcasting Certificate-exempt Radio Apparatus List, October 2010 is exempt from the application of subsection 4(1) of the Act in respect of a broadcasting certificate.
- SOR/2001-533, s. 4;
- SOR/2011-47, s. 7.
17. [Repealed, SOR/2011-47, s. 7]
18. The holder of a broadcasting certificate shall identify the broadcasting station in accordance with the Technical Requirements Respecting Identification of Broadcasting Stations, issued by the Minister, as amended from time to time.
TECHNICAL ACCEPTANCE CERTIFICATION AND COMPLIANCE WITH APPLICABLE STANDARDS
19. The following definitions apply in this Part.
- “Category I equipment”
“Category I equipment” means equipment that is described in subsection 21(1). (matériel de catégorie I)
- “Category II equipment”
“Category II equipment” means equipment that is described in subsection 21(5). (matériel de catégorie II)
- SOR/2001-533, s. 5.
- Date modified: