Marginal note:Non-application of Part
56. (1) This Part does not apply to a person that uses an aircraft on behalf of the Canadian Armed Forces or any other armed forces cooperating with the Canadian Armed Forces.
Marginal note:Specialty service exclusion
(2) This Part does not apply to the operation of an air flight training service, aerial inspection service, aerial construction service, aerial photography service, aerial forest fire management service, aerial spraying service or any other prescribed air service.
Marginal note:Emergency service exclusion
(3) This Part does not apply to the provision of an air service if the federal government or a provincial or a municipal government declares an emergency under federal or provincial law, and that government directly or indirectly requests that the air service be provided to respond to the emergency.
Marginal note:Public interest
(4) The Minister may, by order, prohibit the provision of an air service under subsection (3) or require the discontinuance of that air service if, in the opinion of the Minister, it is in the public interest to do so.
Marginal note:Not a statutory instrument
(5) The order is not a statutory instrument within the meaning of the Statutory Instruments Act.
- 1996, c. 10, s. 56;
- 2007, c. 19, s. 14.
56.1 [Repealed, 2007, c. 19, s. 15]
56.2 [Repealed, 2007, c. 19, s. 15]
56.3 [Repealed, 2007, c. 19, s. 15]
56.4 [Repealed, 2007, c. 19, s. 15]
56.5 [Repealed, 2007, c. 19, s. 15]
56.6 [Repealed, 2007, c. 19, s. 15]
56.7 [Repealed, 2007, c. 19, s. 15]
Marginal note:Prohibition re operation
57. No person shall operate an air service unless, in respect of that service, the person
(a) holds a licence issued under this Part;
(b) holds a Canadian aviation document; and
(c) has the prescribed liability insurance coverage.
- Date modified: