Marginal note:Members — conflicts of interest
10. (1) A member appointed under subsection 7(2) shall not, directly or indirectly, as owner, shareholder, director, officer, partner or otherwise,
(a) be engaged in a transportation undertaking or business; or
(b) have an interest in a transportation undertaking or business or an interest in the manufacture or distribution of transportation plant or equipment, unless the distribution is merely incidental to the general merchandising of goods.
Marginal note:Temporary members may not hold other office
(2) During the term of office of a temporary member, the member shall not accept or hold any office or employment that is inconsistent with the member’s duties under this Act.
Marginal note:Disposal of conflict of interest
(3) If an interest referred to in subsection (1) vests in a member appointed under subsection 7(2) for the benefit of the member by will or succession, the member shall, within three months after the vesting, absolutely dispose of the interest.
- 1996, c. 10, s. 10;
- 2015, c. 3, s. 32(E).
11. (1) A member shall be paid such remuneration and allowances as may be fixed by the Governor in Council.
(2) Each member is entitled to be paid reasonable travel and living expenses incurred by the member in carrying out duties under this Act or any other Act of Parliament while absent from the member’s ordinary place of work.
Marginal note:Members — retirement pensions
Marginal note:Temporary members not included
(2) A temporary member is deemed not to be employed in the public service for the purposes of the Public Service Superannuation Act unless the Governor in Council, by order, deems the member to be so employed for those purposes.
Marginal note:Accident compensation
(3) For the purposes of the Government Employees Compensation Act and any regulation made pursuant to section 9 of the Aeronautics Act, a member is deemed to be an employee in the federal public administration.
- 1996, c. 10, s. 12;
- 2003, c. 22, ss. 224(E), 225(E);
- 2015, c. 3, s. 33(E).
- Date modified: