50. An elector may give the Chief Electoral Officer changes to the information in the Register of Electors relating to the elector, and the Chief Electoral Officer shall make the necessary corrections to the Register of Electors.
51. The Chief Electoral Officer may at any time
(a) contact an elector to verify the Chief Electoral Officer’s information relating to him or her; and
(b) request the elector to confirm, correct or complete the information within 60 days after receiving the request.
Marginal note:Deletion of names
52. (1) The Chief Electoral Officer shall delete from the Register of Electors the name of any person who
(a) is dead;
(b) is not an elector; or
(c) requests in writing to have his or her name deleted.
Marginal note:Deletion of name — discretionary
(2) The Chief Electoral Officer may delete from the Register of Electors the name of any person who fails to comply with a request referred to in paragraph 51(b) within the 60 days.
53. If an elector so requests the Chief Electoral Officer in writing, information in the Register of Electors relating to that elector shall be used only for federal electoral or referendum purposes.
Marginal note:Access to personal information
54. At the written request of an elector, the Chief Electoral Officer shall send the elector all the information in the Chief Electoral Officer’s possession relating to him or her.
Agreements on Giving Information
Marginal note:Provincial bodies
55. (1) The Chief Electoral Officer may enter into an agreement with any body responsible under provincial law for establishing a list of electors, governing the giving of information contained in the Register of Electors, or the giving of information referred to in subsection 44(2) or (2.1) that the Chief Electoral Officer intends to include in the Register of Electors, if that information is needed for establishing such a list.
(2) The Chief Electoral Officer shall include in the agreement conditions regarding the use and protection of personal information given under the agreement.
(3) [Repealed, 2007, c. 21, s. 9]
Marginal note:Valuable consideration
(4) An agreement mentioned in subsection (1) may require valuable consideration to be provided in exchange for the information given.
- 2000, c. 9, s. 55;
- 2007, c. 21, s. 9.
- Date modified: