60. An animal required to be quarantined pursuant to these Regulations shall be quarantined at a quarantine port or other place approved by the Minister for quarantine purposes.
61. No person shall remove from a quarantine port, inspection port or other place approved by the Minister pursuant to section 60 an animal subject to quarantine pursuant to section 59 until the animal has been quarantined by an inspector.
- SOR/97-85, s. 48.
62. The Minister may order the owner or the person having the possession, care or control of an animal imported by or under these Regulations to remove the animal from Canada or to destroy the animal if the animal fails to prove negative to any test for a disease required by or under these Regulations.
- SOR/97-85, s. 48.
63. to 65. [Repealed, SOR/97-85, s. 48]
66. and 67. [Repealed, SOR/98-584, s. 3]
68. [Repealed, SOR/97-85, s. 49]
EXPORTATION OF ANIMALS, ANIMAL PRODUCTS AND PRODUCTS OF RENDERING PLANTS
69. (1) Subject to this Part, no person shall export out of Canada livestock, poultry, animal embryos or animal semen unless
(a) the person has obtained a certificate of a veterinary inspector or a certificate of an accredited veterinarian endorsed by a veterinary inspector issued before shipment that clearly identifies the livestock, poultry, animal embryos or animal semen and shows
(i) that a veterinary inspector or an accredited veterinarian has inspected the livestock, poultry, animal embryos or animal semen and found it to be free from any communicable diseases,
(ii) the date and place of inspection, and
(iii) where tests have been performed, the nature of each test and that the livestock, poultry, animal embryos or animal semen proved negative to such tests; and
(b) the importation requirements of the country to which the livestock, poultry, animal embryos or animal semen are exported have been complied with.
(1.1) Paragraph (1)(a) does not apply in respect of swine or ruminants exported to the United States for immediate slaughter.
(2) No person shall export animal semen out of Canada unless the semen, from the time it was collected, was stored in an animal semen production centre or other place approved by the Minister.
(3) No person shall export livestock, poultry, animal embryos or animal semen unless the certificate referred to in subsection (1) bears the mark of the official export stamp referred to in subsection (4).
(4) The official export stamp required by this section shall contain the words “Government of Canada — CANADIAN FOOD INSPECTION AGENCY — Gouvernement du Canada — AGENCE CANADIENNE D’INSPECTION DES ALIMENTS” and it shall be applied on a certificate only by a veterinary inspector or a person authorized by one.
(5) No person except a veterinary inspector or a person authorized by him shall have in his possession an official export stamp or any facsimile thereof.
(6) For the purpose of this section, “animal embryo” means a fertilized ovum of a mammal before it is implanted into a mammal.
(7) Paragraph (1)(a) and subsection (3) do not apply to a regulated animal, other than a porcine, if it is transported directly between Rainy River, Ontario and Sprague, Manitoba via the state of Minnesota by means of a conveyance that has had all exits by which the animal could leave the conveyance sealed by an official of the government of Canada or of the United States.
- SOR/79-839, s. 16;
- SOR/83-899, s. 3;
- SOR/85-689, s. 5;
- SOR/94-491, s. 2;
- SOR/97-85, s. 50;
- SOR/97-292, s. 28;
- SOR/97-478, s. 14(F);
- SOR/2000-184, s. 68;
- SOR/2001-210, s. 5.
- Date modified: