79.2 Every owner or person in charge of a chicken, turkey or game bird that on serological testing shows a reaction that may indicate exposure to or the presence of Salmonella pullorum or Salmonella gallinarum shall immediately submit the chicken, turkey or game bird to an approved laboratory for culturing or further testing.
- SOR/82-670, s. 2.
Serious Outbreaks of Communicable Diseases
80. (1) Subject to subsection (3), where the Minister has declared a control area pursuant to subsection 27(1) of the Act, the Minister may designate the animals or things likely to be infected or contaminated by the disease and, from the time the Minister makes the designation, no person shall, without the permission of an inspector or such other person as the Minister may designate, move
(a) any designated animal or thing
(i) into the designated area,
(ii) out of the designated area, or
(iii) from a place in the designated area except to a contiguous place in the designated area occupied by the same person; or
(b) any flesh, hides, hoofs, horns or other parts of animals designated in the order, or, in the case of poultry, the eggs thereof, or any hay, straw, fodder, cereal grain or other things used for feeding or caring for such animals
(i) out of the designated area, or
(ii) from a place in the designated area except to a contiguous place in the designated area occupied by the same person.
(2) Any permission to move an animal or any other thing referred to in subsection (1) given by an inspector or such other person designated by the Minister may be general or particular.
(3) Subsection (1) does not apply in respect of the movement out of the designated area of anything that is in an elevator, as defined in the Canadian Wheat Board Act, on the date the Minister’s order comes into force.
- SOR/97-85, s. 58.
81. and 82. [Repealed, SOR/97-85, s. 59]
83. (1) An inspector may order the person having the possession, care or custody of a dog that is affected or suspected of being affected with rabies or to have been exposed to rabies to isolate or muzzle the dog.
(2) Where an inspector reports to the Minister that rabies exists or is suspected to exist in any area in Canada the Minister may, by order, designate the area and direct that all dogs or other animals within the area be detained, isolated or muzzled in such manner and during such period as the Minister may specify.
Movement of Animals
84. and 84.1 [Repealed, SOR/93-159, s. 10]
85. [Repealed, SOR/95-54, s. 3]
86. and 86.1 [Repealed, SOR/93-159, s. 11]
- Date modified: