Marginal note:Escort ratio
180. (1) The operator of an aerodrome must ensure that at least one escort is provided for every 10 persons who require escort.
Marginal note:Surveillance ratio
(2) The operator of an aerodrome must ensure that no more than 20 persons at a time are kept under surveillance by one person.
Marginal note:Requirement to remain together
181. (1) A person under escort must remain with the escort while the person is in a restricted area.
(2) An escort must remain with the person under escort while the person is in a restricted area.
Marginal note:Requirement to inform
(3) The person who appoints an escort must inform the escort of the requirement to remain with the person under escort while that person is in a restricted area.
Marginal note:Screening requirement
182. The operator of an aerodrome must ensure that a person under escort or surveillance at the aerodrome and any goods in the person’s possession or control are screened at a screening checkpoint before the person enters a sterile area.
Marginal note:Exception — conveyances
183. (1) The operator of an aerodrome is not required to place an escort or surveillance personnel in a conveyance that is in a restricted area at the aerodrome and is carrying persons who require escort or surveillance if the conveyance travels in a convoy with an escort conveyance that contains at least one person in possession of an active restricted area identity card that has been issued to them.
Marginal note:Exception to exception
(2) The operator of the aerodrome must ensure that, if a person who requires escort or surveillance disembarks from a conveyance in a restricted area at the aerodrome, the person is escorted or kept under surveillance in accordance with section 180.
Marginal note:Escort conveyances
184. The operator of an aerodrome must ensure that, at the aerodrome, at least one escort conveyance is provided for
(a) every three conveyances requiring escort to or from an air terminal building apron area for a purpose other than snow removal operations;
(b) every six conveyances requiring escort to or from an air terminal building apron area for snow removal operations; and
(c) every six conveyances requiring escort to or from a restricted area other than an air terminal building apron area.
185. Nothing in this Division requires an inspector acting in the course of their employment to be in possession of a restricted area identity card or any other document issued or approved by the operator of an aerodrome as authorization for the inspector to enter or remain in a restricted area.
- Date modified: