Marginal note:Security information
17. A screening authority must provide the Minister, on reasonable notice given by the Minister, with written or electronic records or any other information relevant to the security of its screening operations, including
(a) information concerning the method of implementing a security measure, emergency direction or interim order that applies to the screening authority; and
(b) a description of the nature of the screening operations related to a particular flight or aerodrome.
OTHER AIR TRANSPORT SECURITY FUNCTIONS OF CATSA
Marginal note:Part overview
55. This Part sets out air transport security functions, other than screening, that are assigned to CATSA.
Identity Verification System
Marginal note:System requirements
56. (1) CATSA must implement and maintain an identity verification system that is able to automatically verify
(a) that a person in possession of a restricted area identity card is the person to whom the card has been issued; and
(b) that the restricted area identity card is active or has been deactivated.
(2) The verification referred to in paragraph (1)(a) must be carried out by an on-site comparison of the biometric data provided by the person and a biometric template stored on the restricted area identity card.
Marginal note:Database backup
57. CATSA must regularly back up any database that it uses as part of the identity verification system.
Marginal note:Disclosure of information
58. (1) CATSA is authorized to disclose to the Minister or the operator of an aerodrome any information that is necessary for the proper operation of the identity verification system.
Marginal note:Identity protection
(2) CATSA must not collect, use, disclose or retain the identity of an applicant for a restricted area identity card or the identity of a person to whom a restricted area identity card has been issued.
Marginal note:Biometric templates
59. (1) If a biometric template created from a fingerprint image or iris image collected from an applicant for a restricted area identity card is disclosed to CATSA by the operator of an aerodrome, CATSA must not use the biometric template for a purpose other than
(a) monitoring the quality of biometric templates; or
(b) determining if a restricted area identity card is already active in respect of the applicant.
Marginal note:Already active card
(2) CATSA must notify the Minister if it determines that a restricted area identity card is already active in respect of an applicant.
Marginal note:Destruction of templates
(3) CATSA must destroy any biometric template that is disclosed to it in connection with an application for a restricted area identity card as soon as feasible in accordance with the Access to Information Act, the Library and Archives of Canada Act, the Privacy Act and any regulations made under those Acts.
- Date modified: