Primary Security Line Partners
Marginal note:Division overview
224. This Division sets out the role of a primary security line partner in supporting the effective establishment and implementation of an airport security program by the operator of an aerodrome.
225. At each aerodrome where a primary security line partner carries out operations, the partner must
(a) define and document the aerodrome-related security roles and responsibilities assigned to each of the partner’s employee groups that require access to restricted areas at the aerodrome in the course of their employment;
(b) communicate the information referred to in paragraph (a) to the employees in those groups and document how that information is communicated;
(c) establish, implement and document a security awareness program that promotes a culture of security vigilance and awareness among its employees if the security awareness program of the operator of the aerodrome does not cover matters that are unique to the partner’s operations;
(d) document the measures, procedures and processes that the partner has in place at the aerodrome to protect the security of restricted areas and to prevent breaches of the primary security line;
(e) create a document that
(i) describes each area on the aerodrome’s primary security line that is occupied by the partner,
(ii) indicates the location of each restricted area access point in those areas, and
(iii) describes those restricted area access points; and
(f) document how the partner receives, retains, discloses and disposes of sensitive information respecting aerodrome security to protect that information from unauthorized disclosure.
Provision of Information
Marginal note:Provision to operator of aerodrome
231. (1) At each aerodrome where a primary security line partner carries out operations, the partner must provide the operator of the aerodrome with the information that is documented or created under section 225 on reasonable notice given by the operator.
Marginal note:Provision to Minister
(2) The primary security line partner must provide the Minister with the same information on reasonable notice given by the Minister.
Marginal note:Corrective actions
234. Subject to section 235, a primary security line partner must immediately take corrective actions to address an aerodrome-related security risk that is identified to the partner by the Minister or the operator of an aerodrome where the partner carries out operations.
Marginal note:Corrective action plan
235. (1) If a corrective action involves a phased approach, a primary security line partner must provide the operator of the aerodrome with a corrective action plan.
Marginal note:Plan requirements
(2) A corrective action plan must set out
(a) the nature of the security risk to be addressed;
(b) a rationale for the phased approach; and
(c) a timetable setting out when each phase of the corrective action plan will be completed.
- Date modified: