Criminal Code (R.S.C., 1985, c. C-46)
- HTMLFull Document: Criminal Code (Accessibility Buttons available) |
- XMLFull Document: Criminal Code [4898 KB] |
- PDFFull Document: Criminal Code [7427 KB]
Act current to 2023-05-17 and last amended on 2023-01-16. Previous Versions
Marginal note:Administering noxious thing
245 (1) Every person who administers or causes to be administered to any other person or causes any other person to take poison or any other destructive or noxious thing is guilty
(a) of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term of not more than 14 years, if they did so with intent to endanger the life of or to cause bodily harm to that person; or
(b) of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term of not more than two years or of an offence punishable on summary conviction, if they did so with intent to aggrieve or annoy that person.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to
(a) a medical practitioner or nurse practitioner who provides medical assistance in dying in accordance with section 241.2; and
(b) a person who does anything for the purpose of aiding a medical practitioner or nurse practitioner to provide medical assistance in dying in accordance with section 241.2.
(3) In subsection (2), medical assistance in dying, medical practitioner and nurse practitioner have the same meanings as in section 241.1.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-46, s. 245
- 2016, c. 3, s. 6
- 2019, c. 25, s. 83
- Date modified: