Criminal Code (R.S.C., 1985, c. C-46)
- HTMLFull Document: Criminal Code (Accessibility Buttons available) |
- XMLFull Document: Criminal Code [4897 KB] |
- PDFFull Document: Criminal Code [7412 KB]
Act current to 2023-03-20 and last amended on 2023-01-16. Previous Versions
Marginal note:Uttering threats
264.1 (1) Every one commits an offence who, in any manner, knowingly utters, conveys or causes any person to receive a threat
(a) to cause death or bodily harm to any person;
(b) to burn, destroy or damage real or personal property; or
(c) to kill, poison or injure an animal or bird that is the property of any person.
(2) Every one who commits an offence under paragraph (1)(a) is guilty of
(a) an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years; or
(b) an offence punishable on summary conviction.
(3) Every one who commits an offence under paragraph (1)(b) or (c)
(a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years; or
(b) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.
- R.S., 1985, c. 27 (1st Supp.), s. 38
- 1994, c. 44, s. 16
- 2019, c. 25, s. 92
- Date modified: