Intensity Settings for Lighting Systems Activated by Radio Control From Aircraft
|Visual Aid System||Number Of Intensity Settings||Selected Level Of Intensity|
(percentage of rated output of fixture)
|Systems Providing 3 Selections|
|Single Selection Systems|
|3 Clicks||5 Clicks||7 Clicks|
|Medium Intensity Approach Lighting:|
- Fixed Lights
- Capacitor Discharge Lights
|3||OFF||OFF or 10%||100%||note 1|
|Omni Directional Approach Lighting Systems (ODALS)||3||6%||30%||100%||30%|
|Low Intensity Approach Lighting||1||100%||100%||100%||100%|
|Runway Edge, Threshold And End Lighting:|
- Medium Intensity
- Low Intensity
|Runway Identification Lights (RILS)||3||OFF||OFF or 30%||100%||note 3|
|1||OFF||OFF or 100%||100%|
|Wind Direction Indicator||1||100%||100%||100%||100%|
Subpart 2 — Airports
Division I — General
(a) an aerodrome that is located within the built-up area of a city or town;
(b) a land aerodrome that is used by an air operator for the purpose of a scheduled service for the transport of passengers; and
(c) any other aerodrome, other than an aerodrome referred to in subsection (2), in respect of which the Minister is of the opinion that meeting the requirements necessary for the issuance of an airport certificate would be in the public interest and would further the safe operation of the aerodrome.
(2) This Subpart does not apply in respect of
(3) The Minister shall issue an authorization referred to in paragraph (2)(b) where it is possible to specify conditions in the authorization that will ensure a level of safety in respect of the use of the aerodrome that is equivalent to the level of safety established by this Subpart, and, in any such authorization, the Minister shall specify those conditions.
- SOR/2007-87, s. 7
Application for Airport Certificate
(1.1) The applicant shall include in the application proof that the applicant has consulted with the interested parties in accordance with the requirements of Subpart 7.
(2) The application shall be signed in ink by the applicant and shall be in the form set out in the aerodrome standards and recommended practices publications.
- SOR/2016-261, s. 2
Issuance of Airport Certificate
302.03 (1) Subject to subsection 6.71(1) of the Act, the Minister shall issue an airport certificate to an applicant authorizing the applicant to operate an aerodrome as an airport if the proposed airport operations manual, submitted pursuant to paragraph 302.02(1)(b), is approved by the Minister pursuant to subsection (2) and
(a) the standards set out in the aerodrome standards and recommended practices publications are met; or
(b) on the basis of an aeronautical study, the Minister determines that
(2) The Minister shall approve a proposed airport operations manual if it
(3) Where an aerodrome does not meet a standard set out in the aerodrome standards and recommended practices publications, the Minister may specify in the airport certificate such conditions relating to the subject-matter of the standard as are necessary to ensure a level of safety equivalent to that established by the standard and as are necessary in the public interest and to ensure aviation safety.
- Date modified: