Rewriting of Examinations
400.04 (1) Subject to subsections (2) and (6), a person who fails an examination or a section of a sectionalized examination required for the issuance of a flight crew permit, licence, rating or foreign licence validation certificate is ineligible to rewrite the examination or the failed section for a period of
(a) in the case of a first failure, 14 days;
(b) in the case of a second failure, 30 days; and
(c) in the case of a third or subsequent failure, 30 days plus an additional 30 days for each failure in excess of two failures, up to a maximum of 180 days.
(2) A person who fails the Student Pilot Permit or Private Pilot Licence for Foreign and Military Applicants, Aviation Regulations (PSTAR) examination is eligible to rewrite the examination at any time after the person has received notice of the failure and has reviewed their weak knowledge areas.
(3) A person who fails an examination required for the issuance of an aircraft maintenance engineer (AME) licence or rating is eligible to rewrite the examination in accordance with the criteria specified in Chapter 566 of the Airworthiness Manual.
(4) A person who passes a sectionalized examination but fails one or more sections of that examination shall rewrite the failed section or sections in one sitting.
(5) Where a person requests to rewrite an examination, the Minister shall inform the person in writing of the date on which the person may rewrite the examination and whether the person is required to provide evidence of further study or instruction before rewriting the examination.
(6) If a person submits a request to the Minister to shorten the period between examination attempts, the Minister shall grant the request on receipt of confirmation that the person has reviewed their weak knowledge areas.
- SOR/2001-49, s. 3.
Division III — Flight Training Service
Authorization to Operate Flight Training Service under NAFTA
400.05 (1) A person who is a citizen, permanent resident or corporation of the United States of America or Mexico and who is eligible to operate a flight training service in Canada in accordance with Chapter 12 and Annex I — Canada of the North American Free Trade Agreement shall, prior to operating the service, obtain from the Minister an authorization to operate the service. The request for the authorization shall be in the form and shall contain the information specified in the Personnel Licensing and Training Standards respecting Flight Training Units.
(2) Subject to section 6.71 of the Act, the Minister shall, on receipt of a request referred to in subsection (1) and where the requirements of the Personnel Licensing and Training Standards respecting Flight Training Units are met, issue an authorization containing the conditions under which the flight training service may be operated.
(3) An authorization referred to in subsection (1) is required in addition to a flight training unit operator certificate for those persons who are required to hold a flight training unit operator certificate pursuant to Subpart 6.
Division IV — [Reserved]
400.06 [Reserved, SOR/2008-140, s. 1]
Division V — Change of Information
Change of Address
400.07 The holder of a permit or licence shall notify the Department of Transport of any change of permanent address within seven days after the change.
- SOR/2001-49, s. 4;
- SOR/2002-60, s. 1.
- Date modified: